Insights into the world of small business lending and development
Entrepreneurs: The health insurance marketplace is open
This year, the American Rescue Plan (ARP) is providing more financial assistance for small business owners, self-employed entrepreneurs and small business employees who are looking to access healthcare through the individual marketplace. Through the ARP’s improved investments, it’s estimated that 4 out of 5 consumers can find a HealthCare.gov plan for less than $10 a month. Small business owners will be able to find affordable health insurance plans that cover everything from doctor’s visits to preventive health to prescription drugs. From November 1 to January 15, you can enroll, renew or change their insurance health plan through HealthCare.gov or your state’s individual marketplace.
Here are some key facts to keep in mind as you navigate the open enrollment:
- January 15, 2022, is the last day to enroll in or change plans for 2022 coverage.
- If you enroll by Dec. 15, 2021, your 2022 coverage will start on Jan. 1, 2022, so long as you’ve paid your first premium.
- If you enroll after Dec. 15, 2021 but before Jan. 15, 2022, your 2022 coverage will start on Feb. 1, 2022, so long as you’ve paid your first premium.
- After the Jan. 15, 2022 cutoff, you can only enroll or change plans if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Is this your first time using HealthCare.gov? You can create an account to get enrolled.
- Do you already have 2022 Marketplace insurance? Log in to update your application and compare plans for 2022.
- Do you want to see the plans available first? You can compare plans and find out what your costs will be before you enroll. Preview 2022 plans with price estimates based on your income, before logging in.
Do you need enrollment help?
You can get help filling out your application three ways: by phone, with an in-person assistant, or with an agent/broker. Visit the HealthCare.gov portal to get help applying for health insurance.
If you’re looking for small group coverage for your business, we also have resources and tools as you navigate this process. Learn more about group coverage here.