CalSavers - Fresno Small Business University
Join Small Business Majority and Fresno Chamber for an interactive workshop that covers the state’s new CalSavers Retirement Savings Program. This program will be a portable workplace retirement savings account for private-sector workers whose employers are unable to offer a retirement program. The program will be operated by a private third party administrator overseen by the state and the accounts will be funded entirely by modest employee contributions. This means small businesses will be able to help their employees access a retirement savings program at no added cost to their business.
• A brief overview of CalSavers, a new retirement saving program that will launch on July 1, 2019
• Why CalSavers is needed
• What we currently know and don't know about the program
• Employer and employee eligibility for CalSavers
• How the program will work and employer responsibilities
• How to stay informed as CalSavers is implemented