Build Your Capital and Plan Your Future!
Join Small Business Majority, Valley Community SBDC and Fresno Business Services Center for an interactive workshop that covers an overview of alternative lending options and state's new CalSavers Retirement Savings Program.
Topics of discussion will be in twofold:
Access to Capital
- An overview of alternative lending options including microloans, SBA's loan guarantee program, community banks and credit unions, CDFIs, reputable online lenders and crowdfunding
- The Small Business Borrowers' Bill of Rights
- Key questions to consider when seeking funding
- Tips to help determine the best option for your small business
- Why CalSavers is needed
- Employer and employee eligibility for CalSavers
- How the program will work and employer responsibilities
- How to stay informed as CalSavers is implemented
- Helpful tools and resources, Q&A
This program will be a portable workplace retirement savings account for private sector workers whose employers are unable to offer a retirement plan. The program will be operated by a private third party administrator overseen by the state and the accounts will be funded entirely by modest employee contributions. This means small businesses will be able to help their employees access a retirement savings program at no added cost to their business.