2nd Annual State & Federal Policy Update
Join the Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Majority and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for a State and Federal Policy Update regarding the effects current policies are having on business.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will discuss the following topics:
- U.S. Chamber policy priorities in 2019
- United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA)
- Getting things done (or trying to) in a divided Congress
- The business community's role in rebuilding the governing middle
Small Business Majority will discuss the following topics:
- Advocacy 101: Make Your Small Business Voice Heard -- Have you ever wanted to engage in local or statewide policy as a small business owner? Are there issues you're interested in speaking out about as a small business or community advocate?
- How to become a small business advocate and how entrepreneurs can use their voices to impact local and statewide change.
- Learn about ways small business owners have partnered with Small Business Majority and other business groups to move the needle on important legislation.
- Best practices when reaching out to policymakers and legislators
- How to get engaged with the media
- Tips on tying in your small business story/perspective
- Current legislation and issues to get involved within 2019, including healthcare, retirement, access to capital and more!